Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

June 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Earth Quake in Haiti

Go down

Earth Quake in Haiti

Post by Snowflake on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 pm

How come there are no news in Thai media about the earthquake in Haiti?There might be several thousand people dead, Tsunami warnings...

It measured 7.0 on the Richter Scale (that does not tell me anything) and it is the worst earthquake in 200 years down there... 

Dead bodies are laying in the streets and most buildings in the Capital (Port-Au-Prince I think) are knocked down, including the presidential palace and the UN building... 

Where is the Nation/Bangkok Post now?

Presidents palace before and below afterThere is NO electricity there now so people are working in the dark at nights... They will use several days to get an overview of what damage that is really done... My thoughts go out to them and whish them the best... 

Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth Quake in Haiti

Post by Snowflake on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 pm

http://www.vg.no/bildespesial/spesial.php?id=7357&o=0&katId=-1some more pictures from a Norwegian newspaper!

Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

It's funny how these natural disasters tend to hit only areas of mass poverty and whose people are already suffering a lot of hardship. Just look at the famine/s in Africa, the floods of Central South America, Tsunamis hitting countries like Bangladesh and poor areas such as Bandha Acheh. Hope they all pull through.

As an aside, what is Nakhonsean's car doing there in the 3rd photo? It can't even make it to Tescos.

And, as another aside, what is the fastest animal in the world? A Sudanese chicken! (think about it)

Coffeewhacko

Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Admin wrote:It's funny how these natural disasters tend to hit only areas of mass poverty and whose people are already suffering a lot of hardship. Just look at the famine/s in Africa, the floods of Central South America, Tsunamis hitting countries like Bangladesh and poor areas such as Bandha Acheh. Hope they all pull through.

As an aside, what is Nakhonsean's car doing there in the 3rd photo? It can't even make it to Tescos.

And, as another aside, what is the fastest animal in the world? A Sudanese chicken! (think about it)

Coffeewhacko
The rich people moved to another country!!!I predict that Seans car will still run in 30 years! (if he ever spend some money on maintaining it) Wait, he was out to see his mistress!!!And you want us to be serious on this forum? Admin, why do you start with this?

Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down