Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

July 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

EP Open House Results

Go down

EP Open House Results

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Just wondering, have the "results" for this years EP Open House competition been created yet?
If not, who do I have to see to get our school a bit further up the ladder?

Organisation does not seem to have played a part so far this year. Today I received "the latest" amended (and incomplete) version of the competition rules (mostly in Thai).
Having spent the past few weeks preparing my students to talk for 5-6 minutes in their science show, I now find out they will be expected to talk for 15 minutes!

Seems a lot to ask given their age........ and given that I doubt some of the people judging would be able to talk for 15 minutes about science

Back to top Go down

Re: EP Open House Results

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Just drove past the host school for this years EP gathering. They've splashed out on a huge banner that they have errected near the round-a-bout.......... With incorrect spelling for all to see!

Back to top Go down

Post by taniabear on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Mr Mann wrote:Just drove past the host school for this years EP gathering. They've splashed out on a huge banner that they have errected near the round-a-bout.......... With incorrect spelling for all to see!

wish i was there to see that
taniabear
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:08 am

Funny that is since your school is also hosting it!!!

Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 am

So please, even if you spell erected with several r's and roundabout in a funny way,,, please show me the spelling mistake/any mistake on this banner... 
My boss is now fuming so good luck next time you see her!

Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:05 pm

I like the word "Errrrrrected", the extra "r's" are to make it last longer. (Not several r's though, just 2)
Spelling error: Well, as the open house is for English, in England we spell it "Programme", not that short cut "slang" version your school has opted for.

Glad it ruffled a few feathers
Thanks for going to the effort of taking a photo for us.

Last edited by Mr Mann on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Actually, I might sneak down their on the night of 11th and change a few letters

BTW.... there is an "S" and a "C" at the start of "School", better get that fixed in time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Snowflake wrote:Funny that is since your school is also hosting it!!!

Thats not funny at all
Saying its all gonna be fair and above board, now that'd be funny

Back to top Go down

Post by taniabear on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 pm

sorry snowy but programme is also one of my bug bears!!! are we teaching british english or american english? even aussie english has adopted the lazy way and I even tell my principal off for using it!! (and he is English!!!) almost no one uses the proper english spelling for programme these days, I hate it!!
taniabear
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Well, since I've had to make most of the posters and banners for our school in the past, it's always been "Programme", even our EP shirts now sport this spelling.

The British version actually came from the French!
Just shows what can go wrong when you copy off your neighbours (spelt with a "u", and "spelt" spelt with a "t" not "led")
Funny things words, I'm sure yule agree too snowy. (see what I did there?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I was quite tickled that you said "your boss is now fuming". All boses fume, thats their job.

How did she/he hear about this post? - I guess they did not read it else they would probably be more fumed by admins comments in the syphilis thread

Which leads me to think that you shouted across the office "ere, theres a slepping mistake on our EP poster!" before checking it out yaself

If there is a fine for my crime, I'll volounteer to be hung from the gallows that they have errrected at the side of your skule. There is a chain already in place I think!

It looks like the S and C of "HOOL" might have returned this morning after I noticed the students cleaning the pond area below it. I just hope they disinfected their feet afterwards as the stuff at the bottom of a pond is really bad, nasty smelling stuff that seems to get right into the skin and takes ages to wash away. Even the stuff they dragged out onto the pavement smelt nasty.

Our school is going to make a half demolished building vanish with some nice new banners!
Preparation, preparation, preparation...

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:42 am

how do you know that our students feet were smelling bad???? It's really ok, since our new teachers are getting checked for syphillis... Ohhh... it just dawned on me...  Yes, I did yell across the office, (WHO THE F MADE THE BANNER OUTSIDE)????
Atleast you have to give several points for trying to correct the poster before anyone else saw it... 
PS... It is my understanding that it is ok to use both versions of Program/Programme!!! 

Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:45 am

Snowy, I guess you can use either version, but an English Program to a British English speaking person would be a computer program.

Back to top Go down

Post by taniabear on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:22 pm

PS... It is my understanding that it is ok to use both versions of Program/Programme!!! indeed snowy i just heard this today, i am at the National Literacy Conference, we use British english we always have yet on the programme it says 'program' which is NOT British english!!! but no one has officially said either is ok....if I want to be american i will go live there!!why are we being invaded by americanism??!! heheheheee ok i will shut up now!
taniabear
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Warwick386 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 am

the progress of the discussion here has veered too far away from the real topic of this thread in a baaad way, not to mention how the conflict has been handled by presumably "teachers" here is almost akin to kindergarten fighting to have a lick on a kid's lollipop.
Warwick386

Back to top Go down

Post by Warwick386 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:44 am

I know this thread is eons ago...but let's not avoid the picture here: present your argument professionally.
Warwick386

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:38 am

Mr Warwick .... professionally presented arguments in Thailand are pretty much the same as trying to find a fresh strawberry field in Botswana.

Welcome to Thailand!

Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:30 pm

this thread is dead, i agree warwick.. this is last years ep results.

Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down